Research Intern (f/m/x)
Vorstellung des Anbieters und Tätigkeitsbereichs:
At TMG. Töpfer, Müller, Gassner - ThinkTank for Sustainability, we work to empower sustainability transformations. Together with stakeholders from science, civil society, politics, and the private sector we develop innovative strategies for the implementation of sustainable development agendas.
TMG Research is implementing a research project on Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) in Guatemala and India. The project aims to identify scalable approaches to EbA and to influence the structural conditions that make up-scaling possible. This project’s Theory of Change foresees creating incentives for policy change by linking national level policy processes to the global processes on implementing the SDGs and the Paris Agreement. It further foresees to inform policy processes through locally-led research processes on workable EbA measures. At the local level, we will work to empower the intended beneficiaries of EbA to become active agents in these research processes. To make these goals come about, the project seeks broad alliances with other land related initiatives to create the necessary leverage for EbA.
Aufgaben in diesem Tätigkeitsbereich:
TMG Research gGmbH is currently seeking applications for an Intern (m/f/x) (full-time for 6 months) to support our team from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019. Tasks include literature research, support in writing of scientific and non-scientific publications as well as support in preparing international events.
Main tasks include:
- Desk research to specific topics of our transdisciplinary work e.g. enabling environment for upscaling EbA, SDG and Paris Agreement / NDC processes and reporting requirements
- Supporting the development of Global Strategy, e.g. identifying entry points for linking up the project to relevant global processes and global agreements, strategic partnership building, presenting results
- Event management, e.g. support in preparation for participation/conducting side events at international conferences
- Supporting daily activities and provide background research for country (India & Guatemala) associates and the project coordinator
Anforderungen an Bewerber/-innen:
Please send us your application if you have…
- Master’s degree or post-graduated in Political Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Tropical Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Development Studies, International Governance or related field in sustainable science.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to translate ideas into strategies and concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Spanish or German will be an asset
- Proof reading skills (EN), and good German and Spanish skills are an asset
- Knowledge/experience in transdisciplinary research is a plus
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, strong team-sprit and a commitment to working within a transdisciplinary, policy-relevant research field
Vorteile für Praktikant(inn)en:
- The opportunity to work in a high-profile, international research project
- The opportunity to work in an organization that strives to make “Science with Society” a reality
- Excellent contacts to a range of national and international political and research organizations
- A dynamic working environment in a recently founded start-up that offers room for contributing to profile and strategy development of the organization
Please note: The internship will be remunerated and is not a mandatory internship. The starting date is April 1, 2019. Interns must be available 39h per week (85-100%) until September 30, 2019.
TMG Research gGmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications including a cover letter, CV and references should be submitted in one PDF document (max. 5 MB) until March 19, 2019 to Ms. Anna Günther. Please submit your application only online via the application form and refer in your application to the website the job ad was published.
The interviews will take place between March 27-28, 2019. For further information or details on this position, please consult the website (www.tmg-thinktank.com) or contact Ms. Anna Günther via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (030/92107407-45) for details on the application process.